Child Support

Campbell County Child Support Office

601 Washington Avenue, Suite 290

Newport, Kentucky 41071

Phone: (859) 431-0522

Open Monday – Friday

8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Kentucky Automated System (available 24/7) – 1 800 443 1576

The Campbell County Attorney Office, Child Support Division process over 4,800 cases and over eight million dollars in collections annually.  Through the Kentucky Cabinet for Families and Children, the Child Support Division offers a variety of service to help locate non-custodial parents and get financial and medical support from them for their children. The following services are available:

  • Location of non-custodial parents
  • Establishment of paternity*
  • Establishment of financial and medical support
  • Enforcement and collection of support payments and medical support
  • Review and modification of support orders*

*Either parent can request these actions. To provide these services the child support program works closely with federal, state and local agencies as well as employers.

The Child Support Division is here to assist you.  Please see the links above for Forms, Frequently Asked Questions, Kentucky Cabinet for Health & Family Services, and Kentucky Child Support Account to further assist you in answering all questions regarding child support.


The Process

Under Kentucky law, both parents have a duty to support their child or children, and both have a right to expect the other parent to assist with support.  To begin the process of collecting support, the custodial parent (person having custody of the child) can come to the Child Support Division to fill out a request for assistance.  Upon completing the required forms with our office, we will determine if paternity has been established.

If paternity has not been established, our office will first file a paternity suit because under Kentucky law, the parent, or parents, cannot be ordered to pay child support until their status has been legally established.  There are a variety of ways to establish paternity and our caseworkers will work with you through this specific process.  However, a paternity suit must be brought before the child’s 18th birthday.  If it is brought before the child turns four years old, the child support order can be retroactive to (take effect on) the child’s date of birth.

Once paternity has been established, the Child Support Division will help you proceed with having the Court set a child support payment for the non-custodial parent.  In Kentucky statutes KRS 403.211 and KRS 403.212, there is a statutorily created Child Support Guideline chart that sets out how much parents are expected to pay to support their children.  The guidelines are primarily based on the number of children and the combined income of both parents.  The Kentucky Child Support website, available at:, can assist you in calculating how much monthly child support you may expect.  However, these are guidelines, and the parties, by agreement, or the Court may deviate from them based on the facts of a particular case.

Once the child support amount is established by the Court’s Order, it can only be modified under certain circumstances.  KRS 403.213 sets forth the criteria for modifying child support.  KRS 403.213 states that the child support obligation can only be modified if there is a “material change in circumstances that is substantial and continuing.”  The same statute goes on to state that a “material change in circumstances” is presumed to have occurred if the proposed modification would results in at least a 15% change in the amount of monthly support.

In the event that the non-custodial parent does not pay child support as ordered, the Child Support Division can assist you with collection through legal processes.  In order for the Child Support Division to assist you, the non-custodial parent must be behind in an amount equal to one month’s obligation.  Some of the remedies that the Child Support Division can use to enforce child support orders include:

  • Court action resulting in jail time
  • Interception of tax refund
  • Passport denial
  • Liens
  • Driver’s, professional/occupational or wildlife (hunting/fishing) license revocation/denial
  • Levying financial institution (bank) accounts
  • Withholding of unemployment benefits

For more information related to the Child Support Process or specific questions, please review our Frequently Asked Questions and Forms pages, or contact your caseworker for assistance.


Contact Your Caseworker

Caseworkers are available in person or by phone at 859-431-0522.


Making Payments

For payment information, call 800-433-1576 or access your account online.  The Child Support Division cannot give this information out.


Payments can be sent to:

Central Collections

Division of Child Support

P.O. Box 14059

Lexington, Kentucky 40512-4059


Be sure to include your name, social security number and IV-D number to ensure credit is given to the proper account.  Even if you have reported your employment information to the Child Support Division, please continue to send in payment on your own until you see it coming out of your regular paycheck.

All payments must be sent to Central Collections.  Payments cannot be accepted at the local office unless it is a payment for a DNA fee, which must be in the form of a check or a money order only.