County Attorney Traffic Safety Program
The CATS Program is an optional diversion program for traffic citations. It lets participants have their traffic citations dismissed without the citation showing up on their driving record or having points added to their drivers license. To complete the CATS Program, a participant must register, pay the administrative fee, and complete a one-hour online course. After completing the course, the County Attorney’s office will dismiss the citation.
- Disregarding a Traffic Control Device
- Disregarding a Stop Sign
- Loud Exhaust Violation
- Failure to Illuminate Headlamps
- Improper Equipment
- Failure to use Child Restraint Device
- Failure to or Improper Signal
- Improper Passing
- Careless/Reckless Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Failure to Give Right of Way to Emergency Stopped Vehicle.
You may not be eligible if you have:
- Already paid your ticket
- Signed up for State Traffic School
- A Kentucky Commercial Drivers License
- Taken the program in the last year
- Received a citation on the AA Highway for speeding 26 MPH or over or you are charged with Careless or Reckless Driving
How to sign up
To register for the CATS Program, please complete the registration form and either mail it to Campbell County Attorney, 330 York Street, 3rd Floor, Newport, Kentucky 41071, fax a copy of the form to (859) 581-8304, or scan and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. To complete the registration form online, click here.
What happens next
After registering, you will receive a letter and e-mail containing your username and password for online access. You will also receive instructions on how to pay for and complete the course.
You will be able choose to either take the course online or have the materials mailed to you. The cost of the CATS Program is approximately $170.00 and is not refundable under any circumstances. After completing the course, the County Attorney’s office will dismiss the citation.
If you have questions about your eligibility for the CATS Program, call (859) 581-8015.
***The CATS Program is optional and you have the right to plead “not guilty” to the charge(s) against you, the right to a speedy trial, and all other guaranteed constitutional rights if you choose not to enter the CATS Program.***